- This event has passed.
Sibulatee cafe day 2017
16/09/2017 @ 10:00 - 17:00
Yet another Sibulatee cafe day will take place on the 16th of September. Twenty six families from around the area will be opening their gates, doors and yards to guests. Guests who like home cooked foods from local product are welcomed to come and try.
Map with all the cafes: https://goo.gl/7u9Lxg
The event that will be taking place during the Estonian food month has twenty six cafes scattered around the Sibulatee area. In Nina village we have 3 cafes that are practically side by side. Further opened yards are in Välgi or Torila. Several cafes are located on the shore of Lake Peipus.
Cafes are primarily offering foods and drinks made from local products. There will be onion pies, fish soup, mushroom dishes, berry cakes and smoked fish. You will also have a chance to try pancakes, waffles, apple foods and drinks. Teeveere cafe will only serve vegan foods!
Several cafes offer activities for the whole family. There are concerts and also community theater plays. You can try and knit a rug on handlooms in a cafe in Torila, in Luulepuhvet Liivi museum you get a freshly squeezed apple juice for a poem. Voronja gallery cafe will perform their summer play for the last time. One of the cafes will be in Alatskivi kindergarten where there are a lot of activities for children, also all sale profits will go to develop the same kindergarten. The evening will finish with a theatrical dinner at Tähemaa Vareme Restoran where you have to pre-register!
Facts and suggestions:
- Cafes are opened 10-17. Tähemaa Vareme Restoran will start their program at 18 but requires pre-registration and ticket purchase (until 15th of September)
- It is unlikely that you will get to visit all the cafes so choose the ones you want to visit beforehand and check the map which is the best way to them!
- Bring cash! You can only pay in cash at the cafes.
- You can buy onions, preserved foods, potatoes etc from a lot of the cafes.
- Up-to-date information about the cafes (for example if a cafe is out of food) will be added to the Facebook event page.
- In Varnja, Kasepää, Kolkja and Nina the roads are very narrow. Please be careful, don’t block the local exits and only park on one side of the road. Otherwise there will be no room to move.
- On the Varnja Kolkja way there’s a one-way road, it will be marked with temporary traffic signs.
- There will also be an onion fair at Varnja, one part of the street will be closed (on the from the chapel to cordon). Järvemajakse and Mesi Tare cages are about a 10 minute walk from the Varnja crossroads in front of the chapel.
- We advise to download Google Map with all the cafes (https://goo.gl/7u9Lxg) or download LiveTeam app which has all the cafes on it and will also allow you to connect with friends and see where they are.
- Local museums will also be opened: Alatskivi castle, Kolkja old believer musem, Liivi museum.
- There will be different activities at the cafes: chances to draw, play areas for children, concerts and other shows.
- Cafes are opened with any weather! Keep an eye on the weather forecast and wear appropriate clothing.